Charlotte Whitehead is a Gallup Certified CliftonStrengths® Coach and a UK-Registered Career Development Professional. In other words, she’s a qualified career coach whose approach is strengths-based.
Charlotte has particular interests in purposeful work and self-employment. She works primarily with mid-career professionals who are seeking to make positive changes to their careers, and uses a range of tools and exercises to support them including the CliftonStrengths® assessment and the Business Model Canvas®.
Prior to becoming self-employed as a career coach, Charlotte worked for 16.5 years in the UK’s higher education sector, latterly specialising in skills development and career management for PhD students. Before that, she worked in the heritage sector as a paper conservator (UK, Australia, USA). She switched careers in her late 20s after speaking with a careers consultant.
Charlotte’s professional credentials include:
- Mindfulness Based Strengths Practice (2021)
- Business Model You® Master Class-Certified Practitioner (2020)
- Intelligent Career Card Sort® (ICCS®) Career Exploration System, Licensed Consultant (2019)
- Gallup Certified Strengths Coach (2016)
- Gallup Business Builder Profile (BP10) (2016)
- Accredited User of the Morrisby Guidance Service (2016)
- Test User Certificate in Occupational and Ability Testing (British Psychological Association, 2016)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Careers Education, Information and Guidance (University of Warwick, 2017)
- MEd (Open University, 2002)
She abides by the UK Career Development Institute’s Code of Ethics and maintains her professional knowledge in accordance with the CPD guidelines laid down by the Careers Profession Alliance. She’s an active member of the Career Development Institute and regularly contributes articles and webinars to her professional community.
You can find out more about her work at www.careerpractic.com.